Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Channel Cuff Design


I warped my loom, ready to begin my next 'cuff adventure'. In keeping with the Holiday trail, this will be a cuff to imortallize "St. Patrick's Day".

You can notice the 'Celtic' knot pattern, I'm working in here. This cuff will be a montage of elements, related to the background of St. Patty's Day.

The Celtic knot symbol, is also referred to as the mystic knot, or the endless knot. The more esoteric or spiritual meaning, of this symbol, eludes to beginnings and endings. We cannot see a beginning or and end, and therefore reminded of the timeless nature, of our spirit. This can also contemplate the infinite cycles of birth and rebirth, in both physical and ethereal realms.

A less spiritual representation is also related to the knots endless nature. Due to it's infinite path, the Celtic knot can represent an uninterrupted life cycle. Some may use this symbol as a charm of sorts, – warding against sickness or setbacks that might interfere, with an otherwise calm and stable life. In this vein, these knots are used as emblems, which can be found in jewelry, clothing, or home décor. In ancient times, gifts adorned with mystic knots would be given, with best wishes of longevity, or luck with new endeavors. In this vein, of "luck", I included the Celtic knot in my cuff.

The 'Channel' style cuff is ala: Caron Michelle!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh - now you have me intruiged, I can't wait to see what style and "elements" you incorporate in the design - I'm watching this one with eagerness! When finished, you'll be able to wear this cuff when visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin. This will be beautiful as are all of your pieces.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful pattern! Interesting background information too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both!

    Caron, your cuff posted on your Blog, last, made me swoon with "channel cuff" envy!

    Hi Lisa! You know know how I work up some specific patterns. I'll read about the subject,which usually sends me the design idea. I love that part too!

    ReplyDelete