Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Thursday, December 13, 2012

Yule Tangled Up!


Just sent back to me, from BEAD Magazine UK, and perfect timing, for the Holiday! Now I can share and explain a bit of what I had in mind, when I designed this cuff.

These are 1.8mm glass cubes, woven on the loom. The light bulbs are silver lined color cubes and the background is a matt black. You can even see, in this photo, how the silver lined cubes actually shine, as if the bulbs are turned on.

The outer most warps are C-Lon Tex 400, one in red and the other green. The dangle of tree lights are tear drop shaped Swarovski Crystals and silver Keyan spacers, wrapped on sterling wires. A spiral of 11/0 silver lined glass beads create the winding garland.

There are two magnetic barrel clasps, where the weaving splits off, spaced two cube widths apart. The tangled wires, depicted on top of the cuff, are 15/0 matt glass seed beads sewn into the warps.

This pattern is in the current issue of BEAD.

4 comments: