Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

©Seed Bead Tole

"Paper tole, also known as three-dimensional decoupage, is the art of handcrafting three-dimensional pictures from flat prints. Paper tole art is created by skillfully cutting, shaping, and assembling pieces of paper layered onto an image until a three-dimensional version of the image emerges."

The art of 'Paper Tole' has been an interest of mine, for many years. Although I have loomed beads, since I was twelve, I did find time in between to learn more about other art mediums. I have completed so many pictures using this 3D technique.

Here are some examples of 'Paper Tole'.









With all of the 3D beading I created, I have yet to turn my 3D beading interest in to a similar technique to 'Paper Tole'. I have now begun this journey which I call ©Seed Bead Tole or ©Bead Tole!

This beading technique is so different, it is not able to be searched on the web, or read about in books. I have taken the steps to Copy Right this beading technique and names, both 'Seed Bead' and 'Bead' Tole. I have also been able to refine 'Seed Bead Tole' and completed a focal for my present work on the loom, The Piano Keys. I'll share the stages of this ©Bead Tole of a Red Rose, but will save the completed version until it is secured on the Piano Key Cuff. I am very excited about how this has unfolded and can't wait to work on other wearable art looming, to include this idea!


As with most of my loomed creations, I add a dimension in the form of a seed beaded focal. This is another way to accomplish that focal!


It would be exciting to see how other Bead Artists create wearable art, using the technique of ©Seed Bead Tole. The Copy Right acquired, C17KP-L5JQ9-Q8FHB, allows encouragement for others to work with this technique and is worded that this technique is open for creative interpretation, but with acknowledgment given to the Copy Right Holder.

6 comments:

  1. I love it..I also was into 3D paper crafting. Made one for my ex mother in law in the 70s of a 16th or 17 century curio shop. Even almost 20 yrs. after our divorce, it was still hanging in her living room. My ex husband brought it to my daughter when his mother died. She now has it hanging in her home. How unique that you would combine two completely different mediums and genres to execute a totally new approach to beading and jewelry making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like any 3d technique that creates dimension in your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - you are one of the most creative and talented people I have ever known. Your mind knows no bounds - can't wait to see where this takes you and look forward to travelling this journey with you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! What an exciting new development! I love how your mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work as always. :)

    I can't believe I have been off the bead forum & sites for this long! Time has a way of getting away from you when you aren't paying attention.

    Lovely tips & amazing work. I've been browsing all of your blog's & websites for the latest & craziest designs you have been working up.

    But I just had to stop & post on this technique. I really love how you have been adding so much to the 3 D realm, but keeping the techniques so simple & amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alex! Very nice to meet you. Please keep in touch and help to push me along. Creativity needs a boost, every now and then. Thanks so much for the comment.

    ReplyDelete